Divergent  - Veronica Roth *No spoilers.I wasn’t sure if I’d like this book when I first started, as it seemed a little weird and boring, but surprisingly, it ended up going in a great direction. I like when I think I have a book figured out and it turns out that I don’t. I’d always start a new chapter with an expectation that was quickly dashed and replaced by something totally off-the-wall.I liked, but did not love Tris. I thought she had a good backbone and I didn’t see her as superfluous, which unfortunately is so prevalent amongst YA heroines. The only thing I didn’t like was that she was a little too awesome for me. She excelled at a lot and appeared to have little faults. Me no like that. Then again, she wasn’t entirely likeable and that made me like her. She reminded me of the Hunger Games’ Katniss in some ways. I understood why she’d do things, but I disliked her for them. I’m a bit on the fence about her.I felt that the male lead was strong. And hot. And cute. And sweet. And brave. I liked the chemistry between him and Tris and I appreciated that it wasn’t insta-lust/insta-love. At least, it didn’t read that way.I gave this book 4 stars, because it threw me for a loop more times than I can count and I find that exciting. Yah, I had an inkling of where things are eventually heading, but the ride thus far is loads of fun and full of twists that cause me good anxiety. ;)For more of my reviews, check out my blog: