Unholy Ghosts - Stacia Kane 3/26/12 RereadSo, I reread this in preparation for the release of Sacrificial Magic and was reminded of why it's on my fave shelf. What a book. What an author. What great characters.Having read all 3 books that have been released to-date and knowing everything that is to come, gave this reread a special glint. I felt so much more connected to Chess and Terrible. I felt like a proud mother hen watching her baby chicks teetering around. Chess is so flawed and yet, so endearing. It’s so hard not to like her, even when she does stupid shit. I’m always rooting for her and often, I just wanna give her a big ol’ hug. As for Terrible, swoooon. I remember the first time I read this I fought my feelings about him. He was so far from your typical leading hunk, but with time, he grew on me. Reading this the 2nd time around was soooo different, because I love him now and I was able to catch so many things he said or did that, the first time around, meant nothing to me. Truth is, he reminds me of an ex-boyfriend. Rough around the edges, but sweet as honey deep, deep, deep down. Ha.Anywho, if you haven’t read this gem of a series – read it. It will touch you in many places. Many emotional places. That’s what I meant. 2010 Wonderful start to an amazing series. Raw, gritty, and real to the core - just how I like 'em. A lot of people keep mentioning the drug use - it's not so bad! It doesn't overwhelm the story, so don't let it scare you off. This is dark fantasy at its best - must read. For more of my reviews, visit my blog: