Killbox (Sirantha Jax Series #4)

Killbox - Ann Aguirre **No spoils.Oh yes. Yes, yes, a million times yes. Thank Mother Mary of Anabolic Grace that this series is back on track. I was worried after Doubleblind, but Jax is back. In this book, the gang is no longer dirtside, but back in the stars as they should be. I felt like a giddy little kid in anticipation of what was to come and Killbox did not disappoint. It was full of action, suspense, and even creepy-crawlies that made for some nail-biting situations. My biggest gripe continues to be the relationship between Jax and March. Yah, the mofo got his shit together kinda, but he’s still behaving stupidly and creating barriers between them. It’s getting old. The whole there-must-be-angst-between-the-main-couple thing is tedious now in this fourth installment. There’s something to be said for an author who can do that for a bit and then continue to keep the audience interested even after the couple finally gets together. I wonder if Aguirre is avoiding this purposefully. I wish she wouldn’t. I really like March of Grimspace. He and Jax were cute together, despite how quickly they fell for each other. Now they’re constantly at odds and it seems as if Aguirre is always cooking up a new way to keep them separated. Blah. I no longer root for March..I’m so Team Vel. I love him long time. Give me his shiny carapace any day over stick-in-the-mud, wishy-washy March. I love to see Vel and Jax’s relationship grow. I live for their interactions and I can’t get enough of them. I’ve come to depend on Vel for so much in these books. When there’s danger, my first thought is, “Vel will come. White wave will save brown bird.” Ha. He’s just so awesome.The book does end on an epic cliffhanger, but thankfully, I didn’t have to wait for the next book, so I can’t complain. This time. =)I’m now completely invested in this series and in Jax’s world. I hate that it’s closer to the end than it is to the beginning at this point… sadness. Anywho, if you were on the fence after book #3, fear not. This book = sweet redemption.