A Local Habitation (October Daye Series #2)

A Local Habitation - Seanan McGuire OY. Waaay less than stellar. A muddled plot & muddled detecting is all you’ll find here. If I was her liege, I'd order Toby to retire from detective work. People around her drop like flies. I cringed at the body count. She pontificates throughout the book about how she's a professional and everyone needs to back off and let her do her job, but all she does is go in circles and never get any answers, as she doesn't ever catch on to in-your-face clues or follow up on pertinent information. She couldn't figure out whodunnit til the very end and that's only because everyone but the culprit DIED. HAHA! Easy to see who the bad guy is when they're the last one standing. Ugh. If you're a Tybalt fan, you'll have to wait until the 4th quarter of the book for him to really enter the story and that's just sad, as he's one of the greater characters in the series. Don't expect fireworks though. Apparently, the author is waiting for book 7? or 9? for him to give Toby his letterman jacket so they can officially go steady. I've never read a book with a slower romantic plotline. BIG SIGH, cuz I lub me some Tybalt. I gave it 2 stars rather than 1, because for some crazy reason, I still KINDA like these books. I think it's because they have so much potential. Some of the characters are pretty cool and the world-building is great. It's just everything else that pretty much sucks. I realize that there are more books out after this one and I will one day read the next one at least, but I'm in no rush whatsoever.For more of my reviews, visit my blog: