One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress Series #6)

One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost *Spoiler-free for yo' ass.FINALLY, Frost brought this series back to basics. I was soooo over the Jerry-Springer fest that Cat and Bones were becoming. Wtf was that all about a book ago? Blah. This definitely got back to the ass-kicking and action that I prefer. It felt just like old times and by old times, I mean book 2 or so. I’ve never been a huuuge fan of Cat & Bones. They have their moments, but Bones isn’t all that hot to me. I interpret him as petulant vamp/man child. It doesn’t help that my introduction to this series was in audio form. Big mistake. If you’ve never heard Bones’ irritating accent in the audio books, thank your lucky stars. Talk about Panty Insta-Dry. His audio book accent is the farthest thing possible from hunk of burning love that Bones supposedly is. I listened to it on a drive from FL to NY and it was the most distracting, hilarious thing I’ve ever had the displeasure of hearing. To this day, I answer my cell phone (for certain friends) as, “ELLO SergiOOO!!!” Then we die of laughter. Anypoop, I digress. I’ve always struggled with Bones as being “hot”, but I’ve always loved the action in these books. In this respect, book #6 def delivered and left behind all of that out-of-character nonsense of the last book. I’m looking forward to the next one.