Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires Series #1)

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires Series #1) - This book and the subsequent series are conundrums to me. Are they great? No. Are they must-reads? Nah, but for some reason, I like them. The problem with this book is that in comparison to similar books in its genre, it's kinda vapid. I enjoyed it, but I feel like the author is a bit elementary in her plotting. Likewise, the characters are all fairly immature. Because the main character is a college student, I can deal with a bit of immaturity from her and her human friends, but the rest of the lot, or most of them, are purportedly old vamps. What kind of MASTER VAMP uses "drama" to describe iffy situations/confrontations/etc.? He says things to the tune of, "Please debrief me on the drama with the mayor's office." (Not a direct quote.) The repetition of the word "drama" made me wanna scratch my eyes out! All the characters use and overuse it and the author overuses it in narration! Someone get this author a thesaurus - STAT. It was humorous and induced some laughs, but I do think the main character and her BFF have too many cheesy exchanges and her BFF especially has mediocre jokes at best. All of that being said, I somehow enjoyed the book! Haha. It was lighthearted and fun to read. It has potential, it's just a matter of seeing where the author takes it.